Tuesday, January 5, 2010

At least it wasn't my face

So, about two months ago--when it just started getting cold and my hands started drying out--I got these itchy little bumps on the back of my hands.  I wasn't sure if it was a reaction to the hand cream I'd used or the new handsoap I'd just switched to.  So I quit using the hand cream first, and when after a week the rash didn't go away, I figured it was the handsoap.  Quit using that...and eventually the rash went away.

Fast forward to two and a half weeks ago, when I'm getting ready for church and decide to slather some lotion on my legs real quick.  What do I grab? This:

Yep, the lotion I'd determined WASN'T the cause of my allergic reaction.

Only, as it turns out, it was the lotion.  And I put it all over my legs.  From knee to ankle.
This was the result:

Gross, right?

Within a day or two I'd broken out into a million of these tiny little bumps...each one itching like a miniature mosquito bite.  Pretty much the worst thing in the world.  Oh, and it turns out that I mistakenly thought it was the handsoap because this stuff doesn't go away.  Like ever.  Its been two and a half weeks and it is just BARELY starting to clear up.

Thank you bath and body works for not testing this stuff on animals. And using "all-natural" ingredients.  (As Keaton put it...they must use only the freshest poison ivy.)

So...anybody want some free lotion?  I'll give it away to the first taker. :)

4 comments:

  1. i really dig your blog. i just picked this one to comment you on. i'm new to the blogging scene. thought it was lame and/or didn't know much about it, but friends told me i needed to have one. now i'm really into it and i enjoy reading blogs like yours.

    anyway, i'm at: exmypa.blogspot.com , and i'd like to talk soon. i still don't know much about blogs, so i thought maybe you could help me out one day. thanks for your time.
    (also, i'd like you to follow me too and get some critiquing on my stories if that's alright.)

    - Troy Holm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, ow? I'm not sure what to say. You told me about it, but the pictures look lots worse than I imagined. Way to ring in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I could think when I saw the first picture before I read it was "that's going to itch like crazy!" Make me itchy just thinking about it.

    PS that guy is crazy and quickly convincing me to go private.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is too bad it caused a reaction like that I love the lemon lotion.

    ReplyDelete