Monday, March 3, 2008

Sisters

Yesterday I had a terrible day. I was not feeling good all day, and just feeling girly-emotional. Then, just when I needed it most, Carma called me out of the blue and we talked for like an hour. It helped a ton. Then, while I was still on the phone with Carma, Carolanne called. I got to talk to her for another half hour or so. It was just what I needed. Husbands are great, but every now and again a girl needs some good ol' fashioned sister time. I went 21 years sharing a room with one or both of my sisters, and I sometimes miss our late-night talks. But even though we're all grown-up now and married, they are still there when I need them. And last night, it was just what the doctor ordered.

4 comments:

  1. I was just saying to someone the other day that sometimes I miss my room mates. They were the best. Then they said I have a better room mate now, which is true. But some times you just need another girl. They can lend you things, like heating pads, when you need really them. There's just some things that sisters can do, that husbands can't. And that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss those late night conversations we would all have in the living room that would go on for hours. I think that is where most of the fodder for "the wall" came from. Good thing long distance is free on my cell phone plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, and it sounds like they knew you needed them. Sounds like maybe we need a girls night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our long conversations. It's so true that sometimes you just need to talk to another girl. Husbands are wonderful, but it's just not the same. That's what sisters are for. We definetly need another sexy saturday.

    ReplyDelete