Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big Baby

I had another appointment today and my doctor told me to steer away from any of the newborn clothes because this boy is going to be BIG. And incidentally, so am I! My last appointment I had an ultrasound where she said he was measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. I wasn't surprised because, quite frankly, I feel like a tank. (When I told Keaton this he laughed and said I was more like an APC--an armored personnel carrier. I guess without the armor!) My next appointment she said she'll do another ultrasound and reevaluate my due date. I have to say, I'm glad he's healthy but I'm all little nervous about how my rolly polly little guy is going to get here! I liked Carolanne's theory--have 'em small, then fatten them up when they get here. Not gonna happen for us! Too bad he likes cookies so much, he keeps making me eat them. :)

Also, I've come to realize that the term "barefoot and pregnant" isn't just some saying. Being barefoot is a necessity because none of my shoes fit my big swollen feet! I'd post a picture but it is just to graphic. Not for the faint-hearted. :)

So today is 31 weeks for me--9 (or if I'm lucky, less) weeks to go! I wonder if by then I'll have a gravitational pull and they'll have to name me as a new planet. We shall see!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet Mr. Rolly Polly--and good luck to you with getting him here! :) You'll be glad in the end! I hope I can come to see you, but if not, I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! If you do start to have a gravitational pull, maybe it will make the trip up North faster for us, but I really hope that doesn't happen:) I meant to tell you last time that we talked that it might be a good thing that he is so rolly polly. Will had a hard time sleeping for any extended amount of time untill he hit ten pounds. So maybe Rumple will be a good sleeper (I'm calling him Rumplestilskin until you tell me his name or I can guess it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are NOT that big! You're funny.

    ReplyDelete