Friday, January 4, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Today is a momentous occasion. After two and a half years of marriage, I officially became Mrs. Crystal Smith. How can this be? you ask. Simple. When I said I was the world's biggest procrastinator, I wasn't lying. I have not changed my name since we got married in 2005, and today I sat in the Social Security office for two hours and finally got it done. Out with the old (sorry, Campbell) and in with the new. Well, sort of.

Hey, it took me three years to pick up my high school diploma. So this is totally in keeping with the image I've taken years to create. I have a reputation to protect, you know.

Keaton was pleased to hear that my other foot is now in the door. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud Crystal! I only got mine done so soon because I messed up and put my new name on the FAFSA. I had to fix it before I could get it to go through...that was a fun process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how in the heck did you manage to go so long without changing it? It is SUCH a pain, and the people that work in those places are always so unpleasant. It can't be a fun job. Look at it this way, you should never have to go through that again.

    ReplyDelete