Saturday, April 19, 2008

Big News

So this last week has been absolutely crazy... A week or so ago a coworker of mine accepted a position in Idaho and decided to move his family there and offhandedly remarked "Hey, Crystal, you want to buy my house?" and I offhandedly laughed, "sure, can you sell my trailer for me first?" We ended up talking a little about it, and I said I would drive past his house to check it out, but really nothing could happen until we sold our mobile home.

We drove past it, and just from the outside we really liked it. Dave (my coworker) said he was planning on listing it with a realtor in less than a week, on monday. On Wednesday we got an offer on our trailer, accepted it, and late at night went to look through Dave's house and loved it. It was beautifully taken care of and just the right size...everything we were looking for and right in the price range we were hoping for. So on Thursday we accepted the first part of payment on our trailer, got preapproved for a mortgage loan, and made an offer on the house. On Friday (yesterday) we worked out the rest of the details and started working on the purchase agreement...this is really going to happen! We plan on closing by the end of May. So this is an amazing double blessing. Things worked out perfectly for us with the selling of our trailer right on time, things worked out great for them in that they saved themselves having to list with a realtor and they can feel unhindered by their house when they moved to Idaho. We've both commented to each other that it just feels like this was supposed to happen. If we hadn't had one of our two previous offers on the trailer back out, we might be in a lease somewhere or have bought a house twice the price and half as nice. All this happened in three days! Wow!

I'll post pictures soon... but in the meantime, we have a lot of work to do!

P.S. I think it's time to make my blog private. Expect that beginning next week!

1 comment:

  1. That is very exciting. I can't wait to see it! When do you have to be out of your trailer?

    ReplyDelete