Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jamison's 1st week!






Jamison is exactly 1 week old today! More amazing is that his mom and dad are still functioning after a veeerry hectic week. Poor guy had to have his little heel poked 3 times for a bili test to make sure he didn't have to go under lights for jaundice. After the first test they said we had to come back for a second, after the second his bili counts went up and they said we had to come back for a third, which would determine if he needed lights or not. Thankfully his levels had dropped by the third test and he is doing fine! Mom is still recovering from having to watch those three times though. Not fun!

Its funny that before you have your baby, everyone looks at you and says (almost gleefully, I think) "Oh, life as you know it is going to change." (Then they rub their hands together, salivating over the chance to watch these newcomers try to tackle something waaaay above their level.) Well, the truth is, things have changed, and things are hard, (witness Keaton's doodle on our menu board, above) but I don't think there could be a sweeter reward. I mean, really...just look at this little guy! He is gorgeous!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, he is so adorable. I'm glad that mommy, baby, and daddy are doing just fine :) You look a lot better than I did after having the kids. My hair was a mess, yours still looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would have the cutest baby pictures ever! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is gorgeous! I'm glad you are surviving and actually sounds like your doing pretty good :) Love the drawing, I guess feel lucky because quite a few of my friends had issues getting their babies to even want to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!! Just look at those fat little lips! :) So cute! I loved Keaton's depiction of feeding time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is precious! I love his chubby little cheeks. I'm glad they decided to take you a week early. That probably helped a lot. Hopefully you're getting some sleep too.

    ReplyDelete