Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Keaton's Birthday


Snowbasin, September 27, 2008

(Happy Birthday, Elder Campbell)

Me and Lil Squirt

On Saturday after a very last-minute photo shoot, Keaton and I were able to go up to Needles Lodge at Snowbasin with his family for his birthday dinner. What a beautiful day! We got to take the Gondola up to the top of the mountain, and the fall colors were stunning. There was just the tiniest bite to the air, it was fresh and crisp and wonderful. Its been a long time since I've been able to relax and just have fun, but my stress levels seemed to just dissipate into the mountain air. It was a lovely place, too. From the windows next to our table we watched the sun go down over the mountain.

Sunday was Keaton's acutal birthday, and its a good thing we celebrated it the day before because it turned out to be a sad day for the whole family. Belle, the dog their family got for Christmas when Keaton was sixteen (she was already three years old at the time) has been sick for a while, she's had a harder and harder time getting around...and on Sunday, it became obvious that her time had come. It was a very sad thing that they had to put her down on Keaton's birthday, but the whole family still tried to make the best of it and he got to open a few presents and blow out the candles on one of his mom's always fabulous cakes.


My guy is 25!

Ceremonial first bite--a Smith family tradition!

Baby didn't end up coming that day (I don't know if we all could have handled one more thing! Probably for the best) so he doesn't get to share Dad's birthday. :) Guess he's holding out for one of his own. Today is 37 weeks so we're almost there... Though I could be ready right now!

3 comments:

  1. Cute shirt! Sometimes I wonder why they can't make regular clothes as cute as maternity clothes. Maybe I shop in the wrong places. Oh well! Happy Birthday (Keaton) and Happy Non-birthday (Rumple). Caleb actually got to share Bryan's birthday, but I think his due date was a little closer than yours was. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog look. Happy Birthday to Keaton and Brandon. Glad you had fun. Your descriptions are so making me miss Utah and fall. Right now it's still in the high 90s, so even though it's not as hot as it was, it is no where close to feeling like fall. I'm going to miss all the beautiful fall colors and nice crisp air...oh well. You guys will all be jealous when I'm done here in the warm while you're freezing in the snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Keaton!

    ReplyDelete