Friday, December 5, 2008

8 years

Eight years ago today I got my very first kiss.

I had spent the day hanging out with my friends, but more importantly with this particular guy upon whom I'd been harboring a huge crush. We'd been on one date in early October, which was awesome, but after that he'd kind of gotten back together with a previous girlfriend. But eight years ago today, it was looking like that was over and I was doing my best to squeak back into his line of sight.

We spent most of the day at the mall, it happened to be the "teacher protest day" and we unofficially had the day off of school. We flirted outrageously, and I remember feeling so cute in jeans and this purple t-shirt.

At the end of the day, he drove me home and I let him listen to my favorite song (at the time it was Neve, "It's over now." Check it out if you've never heard it before.) and then I walked him to his car. As we were saying goodnight he leaned over and kissed me. Really kissed me--maybe more of a kiss than I was ready for, but still good. :)

Here it is, eight years later, and he took me out again. We just went out to eat and talked. When he took me home I got a little bit better than a plain old kiss (blushes) and then I tucked our sweet baby in to his crib. When we say goodnight tonight, we won't have to leave each other. I'll get to fall asleep with him right next to me.

I love my sweetheart. Happy Eight Year First Kiss Anniversary, Keaton. You are my life.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Eight years together. Congrats! That's crazy. I can't believe it's been that long already. You guys are perfect for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in, I'm in I'm in I'm in I'm in... Yea! I've been cut off from your blog for far to long. It's not fair because I've wanted to see pictures of your little guy. I wish I could see him in person. So I've been catching up on your blog since I've seen it last. There was a lot to catch up on. And just so you know YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You are in the top ten list of most beautiful girls that I've ever encountered, you might just be in the top five. I'm not sure. I think it would worry some if I started making a list and ranking girls that way. I loved the Keaton in his sleep stories, it reminded me of Carolanne stories. And the pictures are beautiful. Speaking (or rather writing) of beautiful pictures. I would really love it if you would do my wedding pictures! I've seen your web page and I would really love it if you would be willing to do mine. I also was hoping you would be part of the wedding party. Would it be impossible for you to do both? I want the world, why can't I have it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my purple T-shirt. I never felt the same wearing it after you told me about your escapades in it. That's what I get for sharing clothes! :) Seriously, Congratulations! I can't believe it has been that long. You two are great together.

    ReplyDelete