Friday, January 23, 2009

The Quest for a Smile

This morning I decided that I wanted to take a picture of Jamison's smile. Lately he has become so friendly and happy, he'll smile for anything and it just melts my heart. Being a photographer, I wanted to capture that precious, toothless grin. But he'll only smile at me. As soon as my face dissappears behind the camera so does his smile. So this morning I decided I was going to get that smile. It became a personal quest.First I thought it would help if maybe he was sitting up and I could have both hands free, one to click the shutter and the other to wave around to capture his attention. No luck.
Next I bounced him on my knee in the living room. No luck there either.
We moved to his bedroom. I thought if I got on the floor with him maybe I could win a smile.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope. Maybe if he was in my lap. Maybe that would work.
Nope.
Nope. But the bubbles are fun.
Nothing.
Nada.
Finally, Dad came to rescue. I held the camera while Keaton made faces and silly noises.
That did the trick. I don't blame him. I laugh at daddy every day, too.
The end.

7 comments:

  1. Those Pictures are sooo cute, even the ones where he's not smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. Zack saw the pictures and asked 'who's that?" he's grown up a lot in just the few weeks since we've seen him. He is adorable, and his mom is looking pretty good too! Glad your personal quest was sucessfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say you certainly are persistent! Those are so cute, they made me smile! You are the best Mom, keep up the great job you're doing!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those "nope" pictures sure are adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! He does have one of those melting smiles. How cute! But my favorite is the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cute mom! You too look like you had a fun day together. Little Jamison is going to be very used to having a camera in his face all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a cutie, love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete