Saturday, January 3, 2009

Recycling




It takes a brave girl to chop up her wedding dress! Ever since my wedding day, I've wanted to do something special to preserve the meaning that article of clothing had for me, and the thought came to me that it would be cool to see it turned into a blessing outfit. What else am I ever going to do with it? Of course, I imagined it as a blessing dress, but it just so happened that I had a little boy first. Still, with yards and yards of fabric to work with, there is ample material for both a boy baby outfit and a girl blessing dress, should I ever be so lucky to get one of those. :) And so I set to the project. Since ideas come so naturally to me and executing ideas...well, not so naturally, I was lucky to get some help from a craftier person who happens to live nearby (thanks again, Paula) and we were able to make something special for Jamison on his blessing day. See the finished product in my next post about Jamison's blessing day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! I can't believe you could do that! What a good idea, but you are brave, I could never cut my wedding dress! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go, with baby in tow and everything. It turned out perfectly! He was so cute in that little outfit, and think of the family heirloom you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave! But what a good idea. I bet it turned out great. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am impressed! I don't think I could do it. Daniel saw pictures and started getting ideas. I think he just wants my big dress out of the closet! Can't wait to see pictures of the final project.

    ReplyDelete