Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

Three and a half years ago I married my high school sweetheart. He gave me this ring:And I made him this promise, found in Ruth: Intreat me not to leave thee, or return from following after thee: for wither thou goest, I will go. And where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.

I love him so much. And he loves me too.
He brought me a dozen red roses for Valentine's day.

And I bought some fishnets. (not pictured) :)
We put our sweet baby down to sleep, and then we had a romantic dinner with all the lights out except for this little oil lamp. I loved sitting in that quiet flicker, speaking in conspiratorial whispers, kissing...

Thank you, Valentine's Day, for giving me such a beautiful night with my husband.

Jamison stealing a Valentine's Kiss from his Blue Monkey.

5 comments:

  1. Those roses are awesome! Wow, and the low light dinner setting is enviable. Love the monkey kiss. Too cute! I'm still waiting for my Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentines too! I'm glad there are other romantics out there that have a sweetheart that they love. Priceless picture of Jamison, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful!

    Don't tell Keaton, but I saw the fish nets.

    So after Walmart everything ended up ok. Matt made our first Valentines the best one yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers! I've decided the best valentine's days are the ones where we stay home and keep it simple like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys had a good Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete