Friday, February 27, 2009

Those Who Wait

So I got a call from Bell Printing this afternoon, a month and a half after my interview with them. They are starting their busy yearbook season and wondered if I would be interested doing some work from home for them.

Heck. Yes.

Its just a seasonal gig, but it gets my foot in the door, right? A little bit of extra cash, and a legitimate graphic design gig to go--all nice and shiny--on my resume. Of course, seeing as how I am 1. a mom and wife 2. a part-time teller at the bank 3. a photographer and 4. taking a tech writing class independent study at WSU.....I might be putting a little bit too much on my plate. But I'm hoping that the class and the new at-home gig with Bell will make it possible for me to better focus on #1 and eliminate #2 completely.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. That is great!!! I'm so glad for you. I hope for you to eliminate #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! I'm glad they came through (sort of) for you. You are right, every little step helps. I didn't realize you were tacking a tech writing class. Are you doing and emphasis or a minor??? I may have some books you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete