Friday, March 6, 2009

Out with the old...

Last saturday I had a bride and groom over to discuss photos and book their wedding date, and I realized that it didn't matter how clean my house was, it didn't feel cute enough for someone who claims to know a bit about art/design/decorating. I realized I wouldn't be satisfied until it was exactly how I wanted it. I'd half-heartedly decorated while I was prego, but it never felt done to me. A couple of throw pillows and some knick-knacks just didn't fit the bill. This is what it has looked like since we moved in:Not bad, but nothing special, either.

So I hit the bargain racks (because however much I wanted a cute house, I was not willing to spend a million bucks on it) of Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, Target and Shopko. This is the result:

And because I'm a Campbell girl and we take much delight in divulging the good deals we found, here is a rundown of the few things I added and the bargains I hunted down to acquire them.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I especially like the chair and rug, they make it look more formal. You are a funny bug. I always thought your living room looked really good, but now it kind of pops. Could you do mine on a budget of zero?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it, very professional and classy. I love a good deal and feel all kinds of inspired to decorate, I'm with Carolanne on the budget though. So when you figure it out I'll be next inline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks great. When I get a house, I'm going to hire you to decorate! I'm not the best at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really nice, I will have to agree with Carma, maybe someday if I'm closer I will have to have you help me decorate.

    ReplyDelete