Saturday, February 2, 2008

Recipes

Since the beginning of the year I've been trying to be better about cooking dinner instead of going out to eat, which with my schedule can sometimes be a struggle. But besides time, I've also run into another roadblock: what to cook? The crock pot is a miracle worker, but the dishes all tend to be similar, and it can get old after a while. So I've been thinking back to the good old days when I had a wealth of culinary-minded roommates. They each their specialities, all of which I've really missed since I've been married. (Heather's chicken chalupas, Tia's spinach pie, Carolanne's taco soup, Ann Maries turkey deluxe and chicken croissants, etc.) and then I thought, Hey! I need to devise some way of obtaining these recipes! And get more! So if any one is interested, I'd like to do some sort of recipe rotation. If you have any ideas, post em here and maybe we can get something going!

3 comments:

  1. I end up using the website "www.cooks.com" lately it has a lot of great stuff! It is never a bad idea to look at the good housekeeping type magazines they alway have some great recipes. Or we could start some side blog that we can post recipes to. I love to share recipes and know there are girls I go to school with that are great cooks, that might be able to add some good things. Just some ideas! -Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need that spinach pie recipe. I was thinking maybe doing like an email tree, or something, where each person who gets it adds a recipe, and they send it to someone specific and then it goes in a circle till it comes back to the first person and starts over. I think anybody could participate if they wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a seperate blog might get lost in the shuffle (I've never added anything to Grandpa Stories)but I think you might consider treating it like Carma's book of the month. Every so often someone is assinged a recipe, we all try it and post our reviews, tips and questions in the comments area. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete