Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sparkles










This morning, after I snapped Jamison into his high chair and let Duncan outside, I noticed that the air outside looked like it was sparkling in the early morning light. It wasn't sparkles, though, it was a cloud of little flyaway seeds from the weed patch on the other side of our back fence. It was exquisite. I couldn't get a good shot of it, but every time a gust of wind came through it would whip up the seeds into the air and they would dip and swirl on the breeze, glittering as they went. I did try to capture the feeling of the moment in a few of these pictures.
It just goes to show...all of God's creations are beautiful. We just have to see them in the right light.

And with all the seeds that just got sprinkled in our yard, we should have a garden of them of our own next year!

Keaton will love that. :)

2 comments:

  1. Who would've thought. You can kind things to take beautiful pictures in the strangest places. :) Love the colors and sunshine in the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeds have never looked so good. I just wish I could have seen them sparkle. Something about glints of sunlight off of small objects turns human brains primitive. We drool a little bit and mumble "sparkly" as we stumble towards it. Not saying that you are drooly, but its an inward emotion that is highly pleasurable and lowly evolved, and I'm jealous that I didn't get to participate. :) Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete